Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter



This was Easter 2013. My mom came to visit from Michigan. We cooked a huge ham, of which I'd be eating leftovers for the next several weeks. We went to the Franklin Institute and learned how much blood is in our bodies. We ate overpriced, underwhelming pie at Darling's Diner.



This year Easter is going a bit different for the both of us. She's celebrating in Michigan. I'm celebrating in Philly. Each of us with not much on the agenda for the day. We'll be cooking solitary meals. Steak in Michigan. Pork chops in Philly.

Not only are our plans a bit different this year, I am also living in a different apartment, in a different neighborhood, have a different job, and attended a different church than last Easter. Although the changes are sometimes far from easy, I'm constantly finding the joys in the changes. I love reading and drinking iced coffee at the cafe across the street. I love walking to work each morning. I love that when I clean my apartment, it stays clean until I mess it up. All things that were not possible this time last year.

And on this holiday away from family, I'm looking forward to having my mom come visit again on Mother's Day! Big plans already on the horizon.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment